Before we arrive it would be really great if you could do the following:
- Make sure you have filled in and submitted our grant form.
- Clear a space around your meter and consumer unit. If they are in cupboards empty these out.
- If we have agreed a wiring route make sure any areas we will need access to are clear so that we can lift floorboards etc.
- If the charging point you have chosen has an App that works with it get this installed and set up your own account.
- We will need access to your internet for setup so find your Wi-Fi name and password.
- Check that you have a good Wi-Fi signal at the position where your charging point is to go. If not move your router or use Wi-Fi extenders so that you do. If this is impossible you may have opted for a unit that works from a mobile phone signal, if so check you can get one. Our engineers do carry devices to help extend your Wi-Fi signal which they can install at an extra cost.
We will arrive for your morning or afternoon appointment. Should we get held up for any reason we will phone and update you.
We will need to park in the same place that you have elected to keep your electric vehicle so please keep this clear.
To start we will go through with you step by step what we will be doing including:
- The position of your charginging point
- Where we will fit any switchgear (additional consumer unit etc.)
- What route the cabling will take
- Any holes we will need to make
- Where an earth rod will be driven into the ground (if required)
- Anything we will need you to do before, during or after the works
During the Work
We might need to do the following during the work:
- Turn the power off to some or all of your property so be prepared not to be able to watch TV or use the internet
- Do some noisy jobs like drilling walls so keep pets and children away
- Borrow your smartphone for a few minutes to get the App connected (If an App is available)
When the install work is complete we have lots of paperwork to fill in some of which we will need you to sign. We also have to take some pictures of the work as part of the grant scheme process.
We will run through with you how your new charging point works and if your electric vehicle is on site we will help you with your first plug in.
We will leave you with all the charging point instructions and everything clean and tidy as we found it.
Don’t worry if you have any questions after we have left, we are just a phone call away and always happy to help.